Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Job shenanigans

I was told last week that the people I work for had chucked their copyrights and permissions person and please could I take up the slack, lots more hours, increased responsibility, my own projects to work on, yadda yadda. Then yesterday husband-boss told me he had been talking to wife-boss and she persuaded him to apologise to the permissions person and beg them to come back, which she has, which means... although I have done a good job on the stuff they asked me to do, my services will no longer be required. I am working on one project but when that's over they have no more work for me. Bummer, non? So I am back in the job market. Sigh. Oh well, this could be an exciting opportunity to get something really high powered and complicated and interesting and earn lots of money. To be honest it was very boring working for Them because they never gave me anything interesting to do. Plus I'm going to New York at the end of February so yay for me.

4 comments:

Lilly said...

OH GOD how annoying. Good for you being positive about it.

To be honest it was not the job for you anyway - and tis the season for new jobs! Look in the Guardian! On Daily Information! I will keep eyes and ears peeled. If you see anything interesting for a former music academic with office experience (Nathan) let me know.

He emailed me saying he's feeling more together and wants to meet soon. I've said after exams. I'm not really sure about it all but I think there is the possibility it could be the start of something really amazing and I don't want to miss that if so. Sigh. Men. So useless. So confusing.

Emily K. Lloyd said...

I agree it sounds like a useless place to work if they fire people then apologise and rehire them the week after. Not very professional.

And double yay about New York - that sounds really cool. What are planning to do there? will you stay in the same place as last time?

I'm hoping I can finally get out of Athens at spring break and go to San Antonio house hunting. March is still so far away but at least with my new found wealth (see my blog, its not quite as thrilling as it sounds)I can afford to fly to Texas for the break.

Lilly email me and tell whats going on with Nathan - I'm dying to hear.

Mittens said...

I am fine with anything in my life as long as there are things I can do about it and they are under my control. I realised this recently. So Neil/Wei/council incompetence or yobs/police/threats = immense stress. Finding new job = peasy. Besides, I've had six jobs now, seventh time lucky!
Plus I get a holiday in NY! I am going to try to stay in the same place as before but the landlady is getting back to me on whether it will be free that week.
I think it's a very good idea to take things slowly with your un*mploy*d marri*d po*t, Lilly. Heh.
Ems are there any house websites you can search on? Like the American equivalent of Rightmove?

Emily K. Lloyd said...

yeah if you google "san antonio real estate" there are tonnes of sites where you can put in your criteria (zip code, number bedrooms, max price etc) and it spits out pics/details of the available houses.

However most are gruesome. Especially the decor.....!